Events San Carlos Sonora 2018: monthly calendars of events, festivals and fiestas in San Carlos and Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico. Find out what’s going on.
On event day, keep an eye on the local weather.
Events San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico 2018
Holidays, Festivals, Fiesta and Special Events
- February 1. Education Series: Emergency Health Options. 7pm, Club Deportivo.
- February 4. Super Bowl 52 showing in sports bars and restaurants around town. See list of locations and food & drink specials.
- February 5. Día de la Constitución an official holiday that commemorates Mexico’s Constitution.
- February 6. Rotary’s Tour of Homes. 12pm, San Carlos Country Club.
- February 8 – 13. Carnaval Guaymas.
- February 9. Baile de Fantasía for Carnaval. 9pm, Palacio Municipal.
- February 9 – 12. Sombrero Showdown and Amigos Cup Pickleball Tournament.
- February 10. SBPA Bake Sale. 10am – 2pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- February 11. Valentines Golf Tournament.
- February 11. Rescate Grand Bazaar. 9am – 3pm, Los Jitos Plaza.
- February 14. Cocktail Party Drinks/hors d’oeuvres for International Cup Golf Tournament.
- February 14. Valentine’s Day. Specials dinners around town.
- February 14. Club DePortivo’s Prime Rib Dinner and Dance. Tickets are on sale at CiBanco for 300 pesos.
- February 15 – 16. International Cup Golf Tournament.
- February 16. Art Show. 4:30pm to 7:00pm, El Bronco.
- February 16 – 18. The Gentle Somatic Workshop with Leslie Young. More info.
- February 17. Bag of Books Sale. 10am to 2pm, SBPA Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- February 18. Walk for Life / Caminata por la Vida. 8 am at La Palapa Beach. Walk starts at 9am.
- February 18. Esperanza Azteca Orquesta concert. 5pm, Hotel San Carlos Plaza.
- February 19. Karaoke. 6pm – 9pm, Club Deportivo.
- February 24. At the Rescate Marketplace, Yaquis from Potam and Rahum will bring Yacqui handicrafts, folkloric dance and traditional food — including making Tortillas for sale. From 8am to 2pm .
- February 25. Annual Gilbert Weird & Wacky Golf Tournament.
- March 3. Holistic Health Fair. 10am – 6pm, San Carlos Yacht Club. For more information, call Roseanne at 227-0459.
- March 3. Sons of Freedom 11th Anniversary Party. Music (Sector 7G, The Dudes, Assterisko) starts at 4pm, San Carlos Country Club.
- March 4. Color Fun Run.
- March 8. Club Deportivo Pancake Breakfast and Ceramics Show. 7:30am – 12:30pm.
- March 9 & 10. Vino Litoral Wine Festival. MarinaTerra Hotel.
- March 10. Rotary’s Carne Asada.
- March 10 & 11. Yellowtail Tournament.
- March 11. St Patrick’s Golf Tournament.
- March 11. Castaway Kids Beach Party. Noon – dusk, La Palapa Griega.
- March 15 – 16 Golf Club Championship (March 27: last day for Tuesday Ladies Day)
- March 17. St Patrick’s Day celebrations in restaurants around town. See list.
- March 17. Bag of Books Sale. 10am to 2pm, SBPA Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- March 18 – 22. Rescate Melodrama. 7pm. Contact: Harriet at email@example.com.
- March 19. Benito Juárez’s Birthday Memorial. Day off, National holiday. A famous Mexican president and national hero.
- March 25 – April 1. Semana Santa (Easter week). March 30: Good Friday. April 1: Easter Sunday.
- March TBA. MTB Sonora serial final. 8am, El Soldado trail.
- March TBA. St. Patrick’s corned beef dinner. 4:30pm, Club Deportivo.
- April 1. Easter Sunday. … continuing Semana Santa
- April TBA. Club Deportivo Roast Pork Dinner. Doors open at 4:30pm and dinner is served around 5:30pm.
- April 26 – May 19. ExpoGan Sonora and Palenque in Hermosillo.
- April 30. Día Del Niño.
- April 26 – May 19. ExpoGan Sonora and Palenque in Hermosillo.
- May 1. Dia del Trabajo. Mexican national holiday (similar to US & Canada Labor Day).
- May 3. Día de la Santa Cruz. Construction workers decorate and mount crosses on unfinished buildings.
- May 5. Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican national holiday.
- May 10. Mother’s Day events in San Carlos (Mother’s Day in Mexico, USA and Canada).
- May 15. Teacher’s Day in Mexico.
- May 24 – 29. Festival del Pitic in Hermosillo.
- May 25 – 27. The Ladies International Fishing Tournament.
- May 26 – 28. Tucson Sailing Club Spring Regatta.
- May 27 – 28. Memorial Weekend Parties.
- TBA. San Carlazo: a RZR, ATV, motorcycle event.
- TBA. Guaymas (Cet del Mar) Paddle Event.
- TBA. 12 Horas Salvando Vidas mountain bike race.
- June 1. Dia de la Marina (Mexican Navy Day). Official Mexican holiday. Celebration in Guaymas.
- June 1 – 3. Yacht Club / Rescate Fishing Tournament.
- June 15 – 16. 6th Annual Marinaterra Dorado Derby Fishing Tournament.
- June 18. Father’s Day.
- TBA. 71st International Billfish Tournament (Ernesto Zaragoza Foundation).
Last Season Events San Carlos ….. (stay tuned for more 2018 events)
- July 11 – 13. Annual Festival del Mar Bermejo. To commemorate the anniversary of The Battle of Guaymas, which occurred on July 13, 1854.
- July 18. Anniversary of the death of President Benito Juárez (March 21, 1806 to July 18, 1872).
- July 30. Anniversary of the death of Miguel Hidalgo, leader of the Mexican War of Independence (May 8, 1753 to July 31, 1811). This is NOT a national holiday.
- August 8. Anniversary of the birth of Emiliano Zapata (b.Aug 8, 1879, d.April 10, 1919).
- August 31. Guaymas Anniversary. On August 31, 1769 José de Gálvez founded the town of Guaymas and assigned the first plots.
- Every Saturday. Malecón Cultural. Free dance, music, theater and art. 6:30pm to 8:30pm, Guaymas malecon.
- September 1. Annual State of the Union. On September 1, the Secretary of the Interior, Miguel Angel Osorio Chong, will deliver Mexico’s Annual State of the Union (Informe de Gobierno) to the legislature and President Peña Nieto will deliver the report to the nation on September 2 from the National Palace.
- September. FotoSeptiembre Guaymas.
- September 13. Los Niños Héroes, Hero of the Mexican-American War 1847.
- September 15. Entertainment and El Grito” in Three President’s Plaza”, Guaymas for Mexican Independence Day.
- September 16. Día de la Independencia / Mexican Independence Day. Parade in Guaymas. Mayor’s State of the City address in the Guaymas Auditorium.
- September 16. SBPA Used Bag of Books Sale. 10:00am – 2:00pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- October 6 – 8, 2017. San Carlos Hammer Down Tournament (formerly the Labor Day Tournament).
- October 7. Bahia Storage Tiangius. 8:00am to 11:00am.
- October 11. Mark Mulligan Welcome Back San Carlos Party. 5pm, La Palapa Griega. La Palapa will have all-you-can-eat BBQ baby back ribs and chicken served with Greek salad and baked potato for 200 pesos.
- October 11. Naranjeros de Hermosillo baseball gets underway in October. 7pm, October 11 is the first home game against Obregon.
- October 12. Día de la Raza / Day of the Races.
- October 13. Earthquake Relief Benefit Concert by the The Esperanza Azteca Symphony Orchestra. 7:30pm, Guaymas Civic Auditorium.
- October 19. House Hunters International: Vamos to Alamos will air at 8:30pm San Carlos time on HGTV.
- October 21. SBPA Bag of Books Sale. 10:00am – 2:00pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- October 23. Castaway Kids meeting. 10:00am, La Palapa Griega. All are welcome.
- October 27 – 29. Festival HISAR, Empalme.
- October 27 – 29. Tucson Sailing Club’s Annual Fall Regatta.
- October 28 – 30. Festival de la Calaca. Plaza de la Pistola, Guaymas.
- October 29 & 31. Halloween Parties.
- October 30 – November 2. San Carlos Ruta del día de Muertos. Several San Carlos businesses will be presenting Día de Muertos altars. See the newsletter for a map.
- October 31. Día de los Muertos Talk. 12:00pm at Marinaterra Hotel in the Salon Terra.
- November 1-2. All Saints Day & Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) is an important Mexican holiday.
- November 1. SBPA event planning meeting. 10:30am, San Carlos Country Club. Everyone is welcome.
- November 2. Men’s golf league starts and continues every Thursday. For more information, contact Jim McAdie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 226-1637.
- November 3. Benjamin Espinoza & Jose Joel live at Bonifacians Cotton Club. Tickets.
- November 4. II Foro Verde Guaymas 2017: health, food, music & art. 10:00am – 2:00pm, Hotel Playa de Cortez.
- November 7. Women’s golf starts. The Ladies 18 Holers tee off at 9:00am every Tuesday. Non-members are welcome. For more information, please contact Mary at 226-0156.
- November 7. Boating Seminar: “Getting your boat ready for the upcoming seasons”. 6:00pm, San Carlos Yacht Club.
- November 9. The Pink Party. Shots Bar, Club & Restaurant.
- November 11. SBPA Spay/Neuter Clinic in San Carlos Clinic registration 8:00am – 1:00pm.
- November 11. We Will Rock You, a Tribute to Queen. 6:00pm – 8:00pm, Guaymas Auditorium. More info.
- November 15. Colibrí’s 1st Anniversary Celebration. 5pm – 8pm, Nat Yet, then dancing to Luna Band.
- November 16. Rescate Welcome Back/Margarita Party. 5pm – 7pm, Marinaterra Beach Club.
- November 16. Nacapule Canyon: Education Series Talk. 7:00pm, Club Deportivo.
- November 17. Club Deportivo Board of Directors Meeting. 8:30am. All DePortivo members welcome.
- November 17. Musical, Entre Villa, Zapata y Corridos. 7:00pm at the Guaymas auditorium.
- November 17 – 20: Buen Fin.
- November 18. SBPA Bag O Book Sales. 10am, Atered Tails Book Shoppe.
- November 18. Six and a Half Mexicans with Mark Mulligan at La Palapa Griega (brought to you by Seaside Realty and La Palapa Griega).
- November TBA. San Carlos Yacht Club – Fall Opening Date and blessing of the fleet, boat tours. 2:00pm Opening Ceremonies at San Carlos Marina.
- November TBA. Medio Maratón San Carlos / Guaymas.
- November 20. Día de la Revolución (Revolution Day) is observed the third Monday in November. This official Mexican holiday commemorates the Mexican Revolution of 1910. School parade down the blvd.
- November 20. Sam Rainwater. 4:00pm, San Carlos Country Club.
- November 21. Boating Seminar: “New (or not so new) to boating in San Carlos”. 6:00pm, San Carlos Yacht Club.
- November 23. Thanksgiving dinners around town.
- November 27. Sam Rainwater. 4:00pm, San Carlos Country Club.
- December 2. Lions Club pancake breakfast at Club Deportivo (benefitting the Eye Clinic). 8am – 11 am. Cost 150 pesos.
- December 2. Bahia Storage Tiangius. 8:00am to 11:00am.
- December 2. Rescate Christmas Boutique. 9am – 1pm, Marina Terra Boardwalk.
- December 4. Sam Rainwater. 4:00pm, San Carlos Country Club.
- December 7. Seafarin’ Kayakers Trip to El Colorado. Leaving San Carlos at 8:00am.
- December 7. Presentation about San Carlos’ water. 7:00pm, Club Deportivo.
- December 8. Sun & Fun Round Robin Pickleball Tournament.
- December 8 & 9. 8:00am – 1:00pm, SBPA Tianguis. SBPA Clinic building on the Ranchitos Road.
- December 9. Shrimp Festival. 12pm – 6pm, Guaymas Malecon.
- December 9. Club Deportivo Welcome Back Roast Pork Dinner. Doors open at 4:30pm. 240 pesos or $13 USD which includes a free drink (excludes whiskey or scotch). Enjoy Club DePortivo’s delicious Salad Bar.
- December 9. Mark Mulligan and Mike Nash. 5:00pm, La Palapa Griega.
- December 10. Men’s & Women’s Holiday Golf Tournament.
- December 12. Día de Guadalupe (Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe), Mexico’s patron saint.
- December 12. Introduction to the San Carlos Rotary Luncheon. 11:30am, San Carlos Country Club.
- December 14. Jay Barwell Art Opening. 4:00 – 7:00pm, Galeria Bellas Artes
- December 16-24. Las Posadas- nine days of traditional festivities.
- December 16. SBPA Holiday Bake and Bag of Books Sale. 10:00am to 2:00pm, Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- December 17. Esperanza Azteca Christmas Concert. 5:00pm, San Carlos Plaza.
- December 22. Sons of Freedom Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser. 5:00pm, San Carlos County Club.
- December 23. Christmas Carols with Sam Rainwater and Susan King. 5pm – 7pm, Shots.
- December 24. Noche Buena (Christmas Eve).
- December 24. Yacht Club Parade of Lights. Watch the Parade of Lights from La Palapa Griega, El Mar Restaurant or the beaches.
- December 24. Christmas Eve Gala Dinner at Marinaterra. Embarcadero Cocina + Bar at Marinaterra will be serving a delicious 3 course Gala Christmas Eve dinner with a glass of red or white wine included for 395 pesos per person. Starting at 6:00pm. Reserve now by calling 225-2020 ex.04.
- December 24. La Palapa Griega Parade of Lights Party. Celebrate Christmas Eve and watch the Boat Parade of Lights beachfront at La Palapa Griega. Vote for your favorite boat while you enjoy La Palapa Griega’s famous All-you-can-eat BBQ baby back ribs served with Greek salad and baked potato for 250 pesos. Several other items off the menu will also be available. Reservations are recommended by calling 622-227-3751 or 226-1888, or stop by the restaurant.
- Decemeber 24. El Mar Restaurant Boat Parade Party with a special dinner. Dinner choices are Ribeye, Coconut Shrimp, or Mar y Tierra. Dinners includes, soup and salad bar and dessert bar, for only 350 pesos. Call for reservations at 622-125-4837, or 622-226-1031.
- December 25. Christmas / Navidad.
- December 25. Community Christmas dinner. 1:00pm, San Carlos Yacht Club (sponsored by Barracuda Bob’s).
- December 28. Día de los Santos Inocentes (The Holy Innocents) is a National Holiday similar to April Fools’s Day, celebrated with lots of practical jokes.
- December 31. Fin de Año/New Years Eve. List of special dinners and parties.
- January 1. Año Nuevo/New Years Day is an official Mexican holiday.
- January 1. New Years Day Buffet. Starting at 8:30am, Tortuga’s. Then, an afternoon meat buffet starting at 1:00pm.
- January 1. Hangover Golf Tournament.
- January 1. Sons of Freedom Pajama parade. 9:00 am at Delfines.
- January 6. El Dia de Reyes (Three Kings Day): Celebration on the Guaymas Malecon at 4:00pm.
- January 8. Rescate Melodrama Casting call.
- January 11. Suzanne Pinto Presentation: Rowing the Atlantic. 6:30pm, Club Deportivo.
- January 13 & 14. Therapeutic Yoga Workshops with Jaimie Perkunas. 10:00am – 1:00pm, San Carlos Gym.
- January 13. Club Deportivo’s Filet Mignon Steak Dinner … includes steak, baked potato, salad bar, and dessert for 300 pesos.
- January 14. Rotary’s Cow Plop Bingo.
- January 18. Rescate Extraordinary Assembly & Annual General Meeting. 2:00pm, San Carlos Yacht Club.
- January 18. Education Series: Afghanistan and the National Geographic Explorer. 7:00pm, Club Deportivo.
- January 19 – 27. FAOT Music Festival in Alamos.
- January 20 – 21. Art League Art Show. Saturday from 9:00am – 3:00pm and Sunday from 10:00am to 2:00pm at Tecalai Club House.
- January 20. SBPA Bag of Books Sale. 10:00am to 2:00pm, SBPA Altered Tails Book Shoppe.
- January 20. Women’s March San Carlos-Mujeres Adelante. 10:00 – 2:00, Palapa Griega. We will hold a short rally, then march and return for music, dancing and celebrate the empowerment and unification. All are welcome; men and women, young and old, all dedicated to resisting the forces of hate and bigotry.
- January 24. SBPA Luncheon and Fashion Show. 11am – 2pm, San Carlos Plaza.
- January 26. Free Movie “The Shack”. 3:00pm, the ‘Gathering Place’ at local 9 in Marina San Carlos.
- January 27 – 28. Rescate Presidents Cup Golf Tournament
- January 31. Blue Moon Eclipes: yoga on the beach, drumming & chanting. 4:30pm (eclipse around 6:00pm), San Francisco Beach. See poster below.
Events San Carlos is a list of the major annual Holidays, Festivals and Fiestas and special events in San Carlos & Guaymas, Mexico.
Whether you’re looking for information on a Mexican Holiday or holiday, you’ll find it here.